A scholarship fund can be created to accomplish specific education objectives. It can be designated for any level of education, from preschool to postgraduate work. Donors may designate a particular field of study, select eligibility requirements and define a fund’s advisory committee.
- Garrick S. Anderson Memorial Scholarship
- Andrus Family Good Citizenship Award
- ARG Employee Scholarship Fund
- BAHS Class of 1960 Scholarship
- BAHS & BCCHS Class of 1964 Scholarship
- Julianna Rose Barton Memorial Scholarship
- Bradford Creative and Performing Arts Center BCPAC Scholarship Fund
- Bradford Area Fire Department Scholarship
- Bradford Rotary Vocational Scholarship
- Kristie Chase Memorial Scholarship
- Chuck Daly Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Martha A. Eddy Memorial Scholarship
- Timothy Eyssen Memorial Scholarship
- JoAnn Feceks Memorial Scholarship sponsored by the Catholic Daughters of America
- Bernard Feiro Golf Memorial Scholarship
- Thomas E. Frair Scholarship
- Gentilman Family Scholarship
- Gigliotti-Plano Student Support
- Samuel F. Heffner, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- June Howard Scholarship
- Scott M. Hickey Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Diana J. Hulings Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Ellen Marie Hulings Nursing Scholarship
- John & Donna Hulings Scholarship Fund
- Steven Jerman Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Jeff & Shelli Johnson Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Kane Day School Scholarship Fund
- Sashy and Gladys Kane Perpetual Scholarship Fund
- Peyton Kirk Memorial Scholarship
- Gary Meckley Scholarship Fund
- Mary Mottey Memorial Scholarship
- Helene Nawrocki Memorial Scholarship
- Lisa Pecora Scholarship
- Rotary Pass-Through Scholarship
- Tristan Sauers Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Carrie B. Sauers Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Elzear Kalstrom Schoch English Scholarship
- Rodney Schoch Band Scholarship
- Pastor Craig Smith Memorial Scholar
- Susan Swanson Memorial Internship Scholarship sponsored by AHUG
- Joe Stanko Memorial Scholarship
- Ernest C. Tanner Memorial Scholarship
- Joe Tantalo Scholarhip
- Andrew Taylor Recognition Award
- Verna Wooditch Memorial Scholarship Fund
Groups and individuals have been meeting and exploring how to establish a fund at the McKean County Community Foundation. Many donors from the area have started a fund in honor of someone, in memory of a loved one, or in tribute to a family name or organization.
When you are ready, we’ll help you create something special by connecting you with causes that matter to you.
Types of Funds
Agency Endowment Fund
Non-profit organizations create permanent endowment funds that provide annual income to the organization.
An unrestricted fund is your broadest option. These general funds allow the Foundation the flexibility to address your community’s changing needs through strategic grant making each year. Rather than designating how the money will be spent, you allow the Foundation to determine the most effective ways to meet our community’s most compelling opportunities and most pressing needs.
A designated fund allows you to name a particular charity or charities, or field of interest to benefit from your fund in perpetuity. The Foundation provides oversight to ensure that the gift is used exactly as you intended. Finally, you have the assurance that, should the designated charity cease to exist, the Foundation’s Board will preserve your intent by redirecting the fund toward the closest similar use.
Donor Advised Fund
Donors who want to be actively involved with their philanthropy may make grant recommendations to the Board of Directors, which retains final responsibility for all distributions.